Home > How To Buy

Purchasing a silencer is simple at DOGLEG ARMS. You pick the silencer and we handle all the ATF paperwork.


- Silencers (the legal term for suppressors) are regulated firearms under the National Firearms Act (NFA).

- You must be at least 21 years old and a resident of the US.

- You must be able to lawfully own a firearm and reside in one of the 41 states where silencers are legal (NOT: CA, DE, HI, IA, IL, NJ, NY, MA, RI)

- A $200 tax stamp is due to the ATF for every silencer transfer.

- A silencer must be registered to either an individual, a trust, or a corporation. There are pros and cons to each depending on your situation.


STEP 1 - Place Your Order

Select a Silencer: Add it to your cart.
Add the Tax Stamp: For your convenience, you can include the $200 tax stamp with your silencer purchase. If you choose this, we will pay the tax stamp to the ATF. This is the fastest and most convenient way to purchase a silencer. There is a $5 service fee.
Proceed to Checkout: In the Order Comments, please let us know if you are filing as an individual, trust, or corporation.

STEP 2 - Appointment for Form 4

Contact us to schedule an appointment to complete the Form 4. Please bring your complete trust (we will make a copy) and driver's license.

As of July 13, 2016, the ATF requires all Responsible Persons to submit fingerprints and photos. DOGLEG ARMS offers free fingerprinting and passport photos.

This process can take up to 1 hour.
Contact us: sales@doglegarms.com or 770-744-1GUN


(Georgia Only)
After the NFA Branch returns the approved Form 4, we will contact you.
In order to mail you a silencer, you will need to complete and print some forms and mail them back to us. We have to send those forms to your Chief Law Enforcement Officer notifying them we are mailing a suppressor via registered mail. Because of these costs, the fee to ship any suppressor is $19.95.



STEP 1 - Select a Silencer then proceed to checkout. Please have your local SOT email their FFL and SOT to: sales@doglegarms.com

STEP 2 - Notification of Form 3 Approval: We will submit the ATF Form 3 to the NFA Branch to transfer the silencer to your local dealer. Once approved we will notify you that your silencer is being shipped to your SOT.

STEP 3 - Contact Your Local SOT to arrange the silencer transfer.


Using a living trust (aka gun trust or NFA trust) is a popular option when purchasing a silencer to protect your purchase. Please consult an attorney if you have questions.

NFA Lawyers LLC - Local attorneys who will draft a trust for $99 custom to your state of residence. We are not affiliated with NFA Lawyers LLC but HIGHLY recommend them.